The editions, they are a changing

 


Hi everyone 

So, in case you haven't heard, there is a new edition of 40k on the horizon! 

This isn't a post about my opinions on the new edition etc, but more about the realization I had while thinking about the new edition. 9th is just about 3 years old, and the chapter project is about 2.5 years old. Which means I've basically done nothing but paint silver and green for an entire edition. Now, I don't regret anything, but a think the dawn of a new edition is probably a good time to get this project done. Well, right up until the new box set launches in any case.

So, with the finish line in sight, I sat down to have a look at what was left.

A quick look at my tracker tells me I have remaining:

208 infantry

68 vehicles

2 super heavies 

That's, a lot. Of that, around 216 or so need bases, and they all likely need transfers. The only rumor I have heard regarding the 10th edition launch date puts it at around the 24th of June, and without anything more conclusive I'll work towards that date for now. That's 87 days away (from when I ran these calculations). 

If I add up the transfers, bases and painting that needs doing, devided by the 87 days to go, I need to have 9 models either painted, based or transfers done EACH DAY.

There is a chance I have bitten off more than I can chew here...

Moving on. If there is any chance of getting this done I need to get super efficient with everything I have left to do. Let's break it down.

There are about 90 marines from 10th company about half done on the painting table, lets call that 7 days to go. If I leave all the bases until after the painting is done, I can do one big batch which will speed it up, call it 7 days. Transfers normally go about 30 a night, call it 10 nights for them all. I want to do a big batch of oil paints on the tanks, then a big batch. Probably 3 weeks if I also build the super heavies first. I'm going to assume I can't paint about 25% of the time, so I'm going to knock off 20 days for life.

 That leaves 8th company, some Techmarines, the librarians and an assortment of other attendants to go. I'll have about 21 days to paint them. Quite a push, it will have to be done in one biiig batch. 

I think I can actually achieve that? If 10th comes in earlier than expected, I don't think I can hit the deadline, so lets deal with that if it happens. I'm also leave the remaining chapter badges, and the back banners until last, I expect that will be after launch. 

Right. That's then plan. 2 days in at time of writing, lets see how this goes! 


See you soon

Mark




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review