A win, a look back, and a distraction carnifex

Hey everyone 

It's been a wee while! In my last update, I finished off 7th company, and then expected to get distracted for most of November and December. This turned out to be somewhat trujppue. I only endeld up working extra for a couple of9v weeks, so I figured I g..ct.8art another company batch!

This lasted 4 nigh8fts:
I did not get far..b

A distraction carnifex

Noticing I was painting again, my wife gave me a friendly reminnder I had agre,_^ed to paint some Pokémon and dinosaur for the kids that my8y5Dad had printed. There were also some Harry Potter house shields she didn't know about:
While this little side project was fun, it stalled the company long enough for December to roll back and work to pick up again.

The last distraction is a continuing one. A couple of years back, I sculpted and printed a gaming 6x4 table. When the edition changed I added some additional parts to get close to the right size. I put a lot of effort into the table, and really enjoyed playing on it, but in the end it wasn't great for competitive games. The final nail came when we moved earlier this year. There was no easy way to store the table and terrain where it was easy to get out for a game, I ended up on a ladder in the garage to set up and pack up. Something had to give. In the end, I decided to sell the table and terrain, and use the money to replace it with a mdf and mat setup. This all happened a couple of weeks back, and I got to sink my teeth into rebuilding the terrain:

So far, I have detailed, based and textured the buildings, and acquired the matt and materials I need to finish the rest. I'll be working more on this over the Christmas period. 

A review:

So, with the year drawing to a close, and not a lot of progress happening, I thought it would be great to look back at how the year had gone.

Some of the key highlights of the year:
Finished 4 companies, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th
Painted somewhere in the region of 350 marines
Finished the assembly and base spray painting of all of the marines
Moved house!
Attended 1 tournament 

What's left?
3 companies need paint, 8th, 9th and 10th. This didn't feel like much until I realized I managed 350 last year. Luckily there isn't much build work to do. I plan on 3 big batch paints to clear through this.
8 land raiders, 5 impulsors, and 1 replusor need various amounts of build and fix work to clear through the remaining build work.
All the armour and Dreadnoughts need paint. I want to muck around with some different paint techniques to see if I can speed them up.
I'm expecting to pick up 2 super heavies in Jan.

I hope to be fully done by mid year.

A win

There is one final win to close the year on:
That, is the receipt for the last of the main chapter! As mentioned, looks like I'll be grabbing a couple of super heavies next month, but what I consider to be the main chapter is finished!

On that happy note, I'll be back next year with some more updates.

See you then
-Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review