95 arrows

Hi Everyone 
Several months ago, I went on a mission to batch paint a full company of marines at once. This actually went pretty well, and I will be repeating this for the remaining marines. But once the company was done, it just sat, waiting for tournaments to happen, and 6th company to be finished, before it received it's basing and transfers. This month the wait was finally over, and I painted up the bases and glued them on.

This was where the trouble started, as I realized I didn't have enough transfers to do 100 battle line arrows. I scrambled together every one I had, and found I only had 67. Hen happened to find 20 more, and I snatched up 10 more from Trademe to take me to 97. In desperation I took a look at the models to find that 5 had sculpted arrows already, or detail on the pads. I was just going to have enough!

So here is the finished 7th company. This is a reserve company consisting of 10 tactical squads plus Command:

I then realized that I needed 60 more battleline markings for 10th company. Luckily this popped up on Trademe the same afternoon!


These are currently on the way, so all going well should arrive by the end of the week.

The last update comes courtesy of a visit from my Dad, who had kindly designed and printed Doom Legion objective markers:
He had also printed my special request of enough banners for the whole chapter. These will be painted and have transfers added later, and be added to all infantry squads except 1st and 10th company:
The next few weeks I have a very busy work schedule which will be flowing over to my evenings. If I'm lucky this will be short, but I'm not expecting to have any hobby updates until December at least.

See you then
Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review