A tale of two weeks -episode 23

Welcome back everyone. This episode I'm going to go week by week...

Week 1
I'm starting this fortnight off with an ambitious goal, finish the last 40 marines in 5th company, which would be a second painted company, and the sternguard from 1st company. My starting point is a half finished squad of assault marines, and two companyveterans. I crack in and finish these off on Monday, a good start!
Happy with my start I pulled out the sternguard, I also realized I could make my life a little easier and grabbed the 5th company apothecary so I could do all the white together:
Awesome progress so far! My wife and I are starting the long process of moving house, so since I don't actually have any photos of my fully battle ready Eldar force, I decided to get it all out on a table and get some shots of it before I packed it all up for the move:

Since this is a marine blog, I'll leave it at the one photo, but you can find more on reddit u/mbutt01 or Instagram @buttlem. 

After spending some time distracted by filthy xenos,  I purified myself with the plasma pistols and chainswords of another 5th company assault squad and chaplain:

This brings us up to Sunday of week one, with 30 of the 50 marines in the bank.

Week 2

Week 2 started off with the same momentum, a good evening session and the first devestator squad was over half done. Then the wheels started to come unstuck. After a delay of a week due to some issue with the address, my 3d printed storm speeder finally showed up. I'd been waiting for this one for a while, so I couldn't resist an impromptu build session:

I'm super impressed by this model, designed by Dark age designs, it has real presence, so I set my Dad to work printing 4 more...

I didn't even get through the next day without the next big distraction, this time in the form of the remake of Heroquest becoming available for pick up. After waiting a year, I headed over to Mighty Ape to get my hands on it
(photos started before I even got home). The next couple of nights passed in a daze of quest books and examining the new minis!

Suddenly it was Saturday morning,  and my 10 Devestators were staring at me in their half finished state, so I got some focus back and finished off the unit and accompanying lieutenant 
And that brings us to today!

Throughout all of this, I had another attack bike, and a spare bike (to be converted to 6th company captain) arrive, as well as a box of Sanguinary guard ordered using my Warhammer+ voucher.

So, next the next two weeks will be about finishing up the company, as well as bases and transfers.

See you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review