FREE MARINES (and some I bought) -Episode 12

Hi everyone and welcome back 

It's been a funny couple of weeks for me, with a bit of sickness for me and my kids sapping a lot of my energy, so there wasn't a huge amount on the progress front, and most of it not on marines!

A couple of months ago, my podcast co-host Haydn mentioned he had a couple of intercessors and reavers sitting around he was happy to donate to the project. I very happily took him up on the offer, and we finally managed to catch up this week and do the hand over. Turns out there was much more than I envisioned, and he gave me;
5 multi part intercessors 
5 multi part reavers
2 easy to build intercessors 
1 lieutenant 
3 multi part inceptors 
6 easy to build space marines
All for the price of, quote, "love and affection" and the promise to paint him up a model at some point in the future. 
Here is everything built up:
Last episode I showed some of the models I had painted for sale. The good news was that all but 1 sold! This allowed me to go back to see my friend Doug, and pick up the second half of the batch of marines we had put aside in January. This batch was fairly vehicle heavy, which hasn't been a particular focus just yet, but I've picked up a few so these added to the growing pile, and included another 20 or so infantry. Altogether it included;
2 land raiders
3 drop pods
2 land speeder storms
10 tactical marines
10 assault marines 

The fun news, was that between these two lots I cruised over the 600 marine mark, and am now 58% done. This puts me in range of my goal of 65% of the marines done by the end of the year.

On the Hobby front it was pretty light, I built and cleaned the marines above, and finished the first squad of bezerkers for sale:
Doug and I have also kicked off a hobby campaign with a group of mates, "The battle for Auralux". This is a slow grow campaign where each month we will paint up some units and have some games, slowly escalating to 2k armies. I've decided to commit the 4th company and support to the campaign, so I'll update on how that goes. 

The last update was a bit of fun I found while bed ridden and reading through my marine codex. Turns out GW recognized the Doom legion home world in the most recent marine codex!
Here it is;
Well that's my update for now. In the next installment I'm hoping to have my first 500pts done for the campaign, and will then focus on finishing the chaos for sale. 

See you in a couple of weeks 
-Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review