It's my birthday and I'll die if I want to

Hello everyone 

Well, looking back it's been a month since I posted last. I've had a few life events drop on my normal posting day which distracted me, but a fair bit has been happening. 

Let's start with painting progress 

Next weekend I'll be attending my first big event in a while, New Zealand Team Championship (NZTC). My list went through a bunch of variations, but the list I finally landed on was, naturally, not finished. So I started off with, not painting that:

Bikes, as not seen in the tournament list

After that, I kicked into the list, starting off with the infantry that I needed, 4 servitors and 10 Incursors
At the time, I only had one Techmarine undercoated, so I painted him as part of the batch, just in case I was running out of time later:
I actually got through that faster than expected, but the last models I needed hadn't shown up, so I made the call to use the time rather than wait for a larger batch. So next up was two Redemptor Dreadnoughts and a land Speeder Vengeance:

A couple of days after that was done the last couple of models arrived, so after a quick assembly and spray I kicked into them

This leaves with time for transfers to get the army fully done.

Big, big game time

On either side of this, I had my Birthday and turned *mumble mumble*. I decided that what I really wanted to do was try and get the FULL CHAPTER on the table. Luckily I found a few mates crazy enough to help achieve this. We pulled together 3 6'x4' tables in my downstairs area. I scattered some ruins throughout. We then assembled about 38k of chaos, traitor guard and dark mechanicum to face down the 42k of marines.

We played using a modified rules etc, essentially one Detachment operating per table at a time, chaos getting first choice then alternatively choosing until all Detachments had run. We also cut a bunch of rules, such as strategems, all psychic powers except smite and a bunch of other stuff to simplify the rules. This meant we got through 3.5 turns before calling it for time. We did have a player have to pull out close to the day, but i think 3 a side would have been perfect. Enjoy some photos as I tried to capture the game:

It's raiding time

Last up this week, my birthday and father's day gifts arrived, in the form of land raiders:

That leaves the final count at 5 impulsors and 2 land raiders before I call this done!

Next time I post it will be post NZTC, and I'll let you know how the marines fare.

See you in two weeks
Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review