New year, same army!

Hey everyone 

Welcome back! I hope you all got to spend some time over the last few weeks with family, friends and celebrating some holidays. I had a couple weeks away, and some at home, so I thought I'd update you all on my progress since last year. 

First up, I went pretty hard the week leading into Christmas, using some time in the mornings and my lunch breaks to see how many of 2nd company I could finish, turns out, quite a few:
Intercessors 
20 intercessors...
30 intercessors...
40 intercessors!
And here they all are, not bad for a weeks worth!

Christmas bought me some goodies of the marine variety, in the form of ATVs and inceptors:
Actual new in box models making an appearance for a change! The Christmas pile brings 3rd company and 8th company to a finish for model buying, leaving just 6th and 10th to go.

In between Christmas and new year, I chipped away at the last squad of intercessors and 2nd company chaplain:
Then went off to see my parents. While no hobby got done per se for the week, I did pick up some stuff that had been waiting for me, first up, 4 more 3d printed storm speeders courtesy of dark age designs and dad's 3d printer:
Assembly will be fun..

Long ago, when I first stared playing, some 25 years ago, my sister played as well for a brief time. Earlier this year she finally parted with a treasure trove of old Warhammer fantasy models:
The boxes were in near mint condition as well.
There's some real classics in there. I haven't fully decided what to do with it all just yet. I'll paint and keep most but might sell off parts of it. It will all sit waiting until the chapter is done though.

Once back home, I finished off the last of 2nd company, being a squad of Hellblasters and the apothecary:
In the next week I'll get the bases and transfers done.

Last but not least, arriving in near perfect timing once I got home, my December Troll Trader order had arrived, land speeders and attack bikes for 6th company:
Phew, that was a bit to update!

At time of writing, tomorrow I'll be placing what should be the final order to close off the companies, leaving just the vehicles to go which is super exciting. Next weeks update should also bring 2nd company to the finished stage as well. 

I'll see you back soon. 
-Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review