Hobby Adjacent




Hey Everyone 

I've been busy with a bunch of stuff this last while. Most of it wasn't guardsmen... 

Teams;

Kraken Wargaming hosted their teams event in September and I had bowed out, I was meant to run my first marathon but I blew up my knees a bit prior to the event so could jump back in… Our team had picked up a wonderful replacement in Gary so I joined as team admin. I did the pairings for the team and brought a bit of hobby stuff to do while my team were playing their games. I did bring my army just in case someone dropped out and another team admin and I managed to play the slowest game of 40k ever. We set up, checked on our teams, he played a turn, checked on our teams, I had my turn, check on teams. The game lasted about 8 hours (knights vs AM which was a win to me).

The teams event was incredibly well run and I’m proud of my team for managing to take out 3rd overall. I think I did a pretty good job on pairings based on the information that I had been given and the feedback I got throughout the round from my team. A couple of highlights…

-          First round I had paired a green match up that we lost 19-1

-          First round I had paired 2 red match ups that we won 15-5 and 16-4

-          Asking a team mate how his game was going I got this: “he just passed 20/21 4+ invulnerable saves so all my plans are out the window, I don’t know what I’m going to do” so I told my team mates they needed to take extra risks to squeeze out extra points…. He ended up winning 99-57

-          Our Chaos Knight player said he had a good match up into Imperial Knights. I thought it was a coin flip but he knows his army best… I get him the match up and he gets to choose the table. He wants the light table which I think makes it more of a coin flip…. He rolls a 2 to go first… His opponent rolls a 1, we win the coin flip and win 20-0

 

Shelving;

It turns out that when you are taking on a massive project like this that you need to put it somewhere… Who would have thought?

With the progress I have made so far I was running out of room so I put down the paintbrush and picked up a hammer and saw and put together this shelving. The space for the shelving was an annoying size so I couldn’t just go out and buy shelving. I figured while I’m at it I’ll make them a bit deeper than normal shelving as well. This means I can fit about 200 infantry and 8-10 tanks per shelf. I’ve set up lighting too to make it a nice display once I’m done. Now I’ve got to get painting to fill it all up!


 

 

Terrain;

I have been borrowing a tables worth of terrain from a mate who had nowhere to store it. He has now moved in to his own place so I gave him his terrain back. So what do I do when I want to play games at home? Well Kraken Wargaming have been selling tables of terrain, so I bought one. I’ve been busy assembling the terrain and as you can see it looks awesome!

 



Upcoming;

It’s been a pretty quiet month in terms of progress on the project, like I say… Hobby adjacent. But I’ve got renewed motivation from signing up to Kraken GT (which you should sign up for immediately). I have been playing around with a 133rd Lambdan Lions / Catachan mix with 7 taurox and 3 manticores and it’s been doing ok but not great. So I’ve decided that I’m going to take up the mantle from Mordian Glory and run conscripts. I’ve got approval from the TO that I can use my neophytes from GSC as conscripts which means I only have to paint 160 models, in 6 weeks..  


While I wait for the next batch to arrive, I've been busy getting bases ready, as well as these awesome movement trays from Battle Kiwi


  



It's been slow progress since the last update but the next one will be in two weeks and hopefully there will be a whole bunch of conscripts to post! Until then 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review