Darkness and light

Welcome back everyone 

So I had an extra weeks gap between last post an this one, I basically had two weeks of high productivity book ending a week of lifes distraction in the middle. Let's see what got done.

7th company 

First off was finishing the 7th company batch paint. This took another week after my last post.


So, what did I take away from this experience? A lot of positives. First up, it took just over half the time that it would have in batches, saving about 2 weeks. That is massively worth it. When it came down to it, it wasn't actually that horrible to do, I've painted enough marines by now that it doesn't really matter how many I do at a time, and I made good progress that worked out to one color every session. That made it nice clean chunks that felt like I was making progress. There a few more places that would benefit from the larger batches that I'm going to do, 3rd companies intercessors, 8th companies assault marines, 9th companies devestators, and probably 10th companies infiltrators. Those are the biggest groups of similar models left to go. 

Chapter characters 

One notable exception to the 7th company batch was the chaplain and apothecary. I had been doing these as part of the smaller batch, but due to the armour and undercoat they ended up making things awkward. To solve this I did the last 12 or so together to make it easy. 

3rd company 
6th company 
7th company 
8th company 
9th company 
10th company 
chapter command 


From a painting perspective, last up this time was the last squad of inceptors from 3rd company, which was a quick squad to do.

While I didn't expect to have any budget left, I had sold a couple of old guard models, which gave me just enough to pick up a well priced repulsor 

And that's all for now. Next up will be the last of 3rd company, then I have 200+ marines to base and transfer. That may take some time...

See you next time
-Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review