This community is awesome - Episode 15

Welcome back everyone 

One thing that has always kept me in this game over the years is the awesome people that make up our community. I've made lifelong friends through this game, had hours of fun and helped support charity through organized events. The podcast and blog has given me opportunity to meet and interact with more awesome people, so thanks everyone who listens to us on NZ40Kabal, and for reading along. 

This last two weeks has given me another couple of good examples of this. I've had a couple people reach out with offers of marines, Ben found some more (see below), and another mate is getting me a list and price for some more (will see what happens here). By far the highlight was the marines that turned up out of the blue in my mailbox. 

Turns out, "southern correspondent" Gary had needed a break from his project, and decided to paint up some Doom legion. He then sent these down to me. He had done the main colors to match my scheme, and left the small details for me to finish off. This meant they are a very close match and will fit right in!

5 assault intercessors and a lieutenant- before
And after

As mentioned Ben reached out again, he had found some old Blood angels in a box. Some more borrowing against next months budget later and I picked up some assault marines, death company, tactical marines and some characters (including a metal Dante - now going to lead 8th company). I haven't started the build of these yet, but I will end up with 10 more assault marines with jump packs, and the rest will end up as devestators in 9th company. 
Assault marines 
Tactical and Characters 
Predator 
(Sorry for the dark photos)

This marked a bit of a milestone, at the start of the year I had a goal of getting the chapter to 65% done by the end of the year. These marines took me over that already! It was also over the 700 marine count! It's pretty awesome to be 6 months ahead of that goal, and way ahead of where I would have guessed when I started this last September. 

Paint progress 

As with last update, I've been pushing hard to get the chaos finished for sale. Most of my time went into the last batch of marines for this, including 10 terminators, 8 marines and 3 sorcerers. This left just enough time to paint up a tactical squad for the Auralux campaign, along with a chaplain and the finishing touches on the marines from Gary
chaos terminators 
marines
characters
Tactical squad 
Chaplain and Lieutenant (also from Gary)

That's all for now. Next on the desk is the final batch of chaos. Then I plan on making a big dent in the silver horde in front of me...

See you next time
-Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review