Lighting claws are coming to town -episode 5 repost

Lighting claws are coming to town -episode 5


Well Xmas has been and gone, I hope you all got to spend time with family and got time to relax.


My general gift guide when I'm in the midst of a project (almost always), is to receive money from family, it becomes easier for everyone as it means they don't have to work out the GW catalog, and I get what I need. 


Santa Ben 


With some money in my hot little hand I went off to see my mate Ben again. This time we had decided to sort through his remaining marines, Ben would take what he wanted and I would take the rest. After a fun evening digging through piles of 40k stuff we had sorted into a 'Ben' and 'Mark' pile. At this point it became clear that Ben would have been a good way towards his own chapter if he hadn't decided to sell off his back log! 

In the Mark pile was another 70 odd marines of various first born varieties including a collection of characters, a few tanks including a land raider and drop pods, and a real treasure trove: 20 bike, 3 attack bikes and 3 land speeders. This second generous sale means 9th and 6th company are well on the way. 


Check out the images below:



My next stop was Trademe, a New Zealand based trading site similar to Ebay. I was pretty keen at this point to get my hands on some Primaris marines, and was a little nervous that the various Indomitus marines currently available would dry up before I could get any. I dropped half of my remaining money on some assault intercessors and 3 eradicators ($85 for the two squads), and was about to click buy on a few other squads before coming to the horrible realization, I hadn't bought a codex….. After internally debating with myself models vs rules I decided I did in fact want to play some games before I finished the chapter, and headed down to see the guys at my flgs to pick up the codex.

All of this was promptly snapped up by my wife as it arrived, wrapped, and left under the Xmas tree.


Over this time I have picked up another bulk deal from another mate using my December and Jan budget, next week I'll take a look at that, then sum up the state of the project so far. See you in a week, and see you later 2020!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review