Enter the battlefield -episode 7 repost

Enter the battlefield -episode 7


Hi everyone, welcome back!


This is a small update from a marine perspective. Jan budget was already spent on the marines from Doug, so nothing much to report on that front. Some bases did show up, quick note on those, I'm going to be avoiding China forge for this army, but I did need something in the region of 500 bases. Turns out you can get those for 100 for $12nzd delivered from aliexpress. I got in a bag of 100 to test them out, and they are the same as GW ones. I will use these to upgrade the others in the next month or so. The alternative was $70 for 100. This month was pretty hard to resist buying. I had found a good number of deals I would like to buy, but as I need to wait until at least Feb for more budget I resisted. 


For my hobby time there was a distraction from the marines. My mate Ben and I had been putting some time in over a few months pretty Xmas on some terrain. These couple of weeks we picked the project back up. We sprayed all the buildings, painted some details and inked the whole lot. There are probably a couple of nights work left to get this all ready for the table. I also painted some more boards, these were built to match an existing table but to give me options to make it more 9th ed capable. 


That said I did get a couple of sessions on marines. I picked up my assault intercessors. I then built and cleaned all the primaris marines I had, and cleaned and fixed all of 7th company. I managed to get this all sprayed, and in my last session I cleaned and repaired all the bikes and speeders from 7th company, I only got the first coat of spray on though. This takes me to 3 companies built and sprayed, and about 60 other marines. Looking back I got more progress made than it felt! 


The chapter is starting to feel a bit more coherent now. Over the next couple of weeks I hope to have all the marines cleaned and sprayed, then I can start painting. 


See you in a couple of weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review