BENevolent BENefactor -episode 3 repost

BENevolent BENefactor -episode 3


Well, I had originally planned to talk about my choice of chapter but I decided that it would be more exciting to buy my first batch of marines!


Buying on a budget 


There a few main ways that I have sourced models in the past when looking for good bulk deals:


  • Friends

  • Direct trading sites (such as Facebook market place)

  • Ebay

  • Trademe (similar to ebay but with some differences)


I'll try and talk about how I use each of these when I make a purchase with them, but today I'm going to go see a good mate, Ben. 


When buying from friends I'm always cautious about making sure we are both happy with the outcome. In this case I had been chatting to Ben about my plans, and he lives at the intersection of

  • Has a lot of space marines 

  • Won't ever paint them all

  • Wants money

We had had a few chats about what I was after, so Ben went digging through his older minis and managed to find a big pile. At the same time, I went on a bit of a round up of what I had sitting around.


I managed to dig up around half a company of various marine bodies. I also dug up my old bits box, which was filled with spare marine parts such as weapons, heads and shoulder pads. I had done some head swaps on my marines so this was seriously useful.


Ben on the other hand really came to the party and came up with a massive 240 marines! With this haul I now had a massive start on the chapter. After sorting it all out, I now had 4th, 5th and 7th companies completed! Much more than I expected at this point, and I’m actually starting to feel that this might be achievable.


Here is the haul:




This blog is a few months behind, this used up my budget for September and October, as well as some left over from August. 


So now I've started on models, I need to figure out the paint scheme and chapter.


Completion: 30.4%


See you in a week

Mark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review