A new project- episode 1 (repost)

Hey everyone 


Just recently I took a large project of mine to a battle ready state, a 42k craftworld and harlequins project. While there is still some work to get it finished, there won't be any more purchases to do (until any new models come out), and any remaining details I'm happy to chip away at over the next year. This left me in need of a new project.


The eldar project was filled with highs and lows, but overall I really loved doing it, so as it finished up I was ready to sink my teeth into something new. I really want something that would compare in the fluff with a full craftworld's warhost. I also wanted something with a clear start and end point, this would stop it turning into something never-ending, or running into repeated expansions. 


There was one thing that fit these self imposed criteria, and inspired me enough to commit, a force that could crush any foe into the dust, conquer star systems and go toe to toe with anything the 40k universe could throw at it:

A full Space Marine Chapter


It's a silly idea, for a start it would be a several year commitment, which I'm ok with, but would require grinding through 1000 of almost the same model, which I'm less ok with. But the idea wouldn't budge, so I decided the only way to scratch the itch was to dive in. So here we go….


The budget


Unfortunately I don’t have the full resources of the Imperium to help me build this, so I hope one thing that I hope will make this relatable and hopefully interesting to people, is that I'm going to have to do this on a fairly restricted budget. Due to how my wife and I manage our finances, and our current commitments, I only have around $100 a month to play around with (I'm hoping this will go up in about a year). This needs to cover all my hobby purchases, including paint and events. I can flex this here and there, but that's generally going to be the amount I'm working with. To make this work will take a lot of planning and a sharp focus on the models I buy. I'll talk more about the implications of this next time.


The blog


This is my first time writing a blog like this, feel free to chip in with feedback along the way. I'm a couple months ahead in the project at time of writing, so I'll do some catch up articles going through the project and first purchases until I catch up, then it'll probably settle to a monthly cycle. I plan on going until the project finishes, but there's a definite chance I lose you and myself somewhere around the 300th space marine!


That's all for now, see you in part 2 while I lay out my plan for this monster.


-Mark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review