Desperate times calls for bits box abuse -Episode 10

Welcome back everyone 

It's been a busy few weeks, and this time I was really feeling the budget strain. If you have been reading along from the old site, youay know my original budget was only $100 a month. I have been able to push that a little by sacrificing other things like coffee, but I've been basically able to make one large purchase every other month, and a couple of smaller ones. This month, I had my mate Gary reach out and offer me a bunch of models (way more than I had budget for), but I picked up a number of models and committed two months budget. 
This got me:
1 storm raven
3 eradicators 
6 blade guard
6 aggressors and some parts 
3 dev cents
Gary also threw in a the lieutenant and captain from the Indomitus box and and thunderfire cannon!


Along with this, I will be picking up another lot from Doug as my next lot. I picked up a couple of smaller purchases, another Indomitus captain and 12 terminators. 

Whole thos was good progress, I was starting to feel very constrained by my budget. So the first thing I did was try to squeeze the most amount of models from what I had. So I hit my bits box hard and came up with a few extra bits,

First, I converted and old broken landspeeder into a talon master

Then I found enough bits to create a squad of vanguard vets
next on the list was creating an Azreal from my spare captain
While clearing through some old models I found an extra terminator. With the addition of parts from a donated deathwing terminator frame I built an apothecary 
I  also revisted some of the 2nd edition terminators I had but decided not to use, and finished them up 2 make a squad of 10


My terminators I purchased arrived, which had am extra model than I expected. I built the squad of 10 with 2 assault cannons, then converted the two spares into a lieutenant and ancient
I was pretty happy with all this process, but it hadn't helped with my budget. My search for old marines had turned up a number of old models. I have decided to paint and sell these. This will help fund some more purchases which I plan on buying cheap 2nd hand models, paint and return and resell. This will help fund the marines I hope. Here are the first few models waiting for a paint job
Among all this building I painted a up a couple of squads:
The last of the 4th company tactical marines 
4th company captain 
2nd company lieutenants 
2nd company assault intercessors 

Whew!

That's all for now. I have had my box of 3d printing turn up yesterday, but that deserves it's own post, so I'll be back next week to talk about that. 
See you then!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blades of Glory -Episode 22

Tank shock

Baby's first birthday- 12 month review